elf Truthful Halo Glow Liquid Filter ($14.00 for 1.06 oz.) is a really mild golden beige with heat, peachier undertones and a positive, luminous sheen that wasn’t overly shimmery and had a glowing, dewy end.
for particulars on common efficiency and traits (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Truthful (1) (P, $44.00) is lighter, cooler (90% comparable).
- Auric Selenite (P, $45.00) is much less shimmery, darker, hotter (90% comparable).
- City Decay Common (LE, $32.00) is much less shimmery, cooler (90% comparable).
- Lisa Eldridge Cosmic Rose (P, $38.00) is much less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% comparable).
- elf Medium (P, $14.00) is much less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% comparable).
- Auric Morganite (DC, $45.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% comparable).
- elf Truthful-Gentle (P, $14.00) is extra shimmery, darker (85% comparable).
- Charlotte Tilbury Truthful (2.5) (P, $44.00) is extra shimmery, darker, hotter (85% comparable).
- Auric Morganite 2.0 (P, $45.00) is lighter, cooler (85% comparable).
- Becca Orbit (2) (P, $30.00) is darker, hotter (80% comparable).
$14.00/1.06 oz. – $13.21 Per Ounce
The system is billed as a “multi-purpose, liquid glow booster” that offers a “soft-focus” filter. It may be used by itself, over or beneath make-up, combined with basis, or as a standalone highlighter. It lived as much as its claims, was straightforward to make use of, and did not impede the damage of merchandise I paired it with.
It labored so as to add all-over radiance when utilized as a sheer layer over naked pores and skin. I agree with the model’s suggestion to use it throughout with a sponge, as this ensured a really even, hydrated utility that allowed me to construct up the extent of luminosity. It combined nicely with thinner and thicker, sheerer and fuller protection foundations with out shortening their longevity or making them arduous to use.
As a standalone highlighter, they utilized nicely with fingertips or brushes, although I discovered the simplest approach to make sure over-application (that doe-foot is big!) was to faucet a bit on the again of my hand, then use a fingertip or stippling brush to use to the excessive factors of my face. I did not have any points with the system lifting up base merchandise.
It is rather corresponding to Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter (which additionally has a number of different comparable rivals available on the market), although I would say the elf model has much less of a fluid, skinny really feel. I believe this helped it work higher with thinner foundations in addition to thicker, greater protection formulations, and I did not really feel prefer it made something higher or worse–neutral–when used by itself or utilized on the pores and skin. At most, a bit went a bit additional so far as radiance and protection went, than HFF.
Browse all of our elf Halo Glow Liquid Filter swatches.
Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone,
Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer,
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,
Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate,
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,
Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891),
Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492),
Pink Iron Oxide (Ci 77491),
Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499),
Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as out there by the model (or retailer)
on the time of publishing. Please all the time verify product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient checklist relevant
to the product you are buying, or the model or retailer’s web site for essentially the most up-to-date ingredient checklist.