EYECUE Insights not too long ago launched its report “The Sustainability Sustainability Handbook: High Performing Methods for Manufacturers,” which used AI expertise to investigate 160,000 posts throughout 130 social media accounts, in line with a press launch.
The report covers how these manufacturers deal with sustainability on social media and the way shoppers interact with these posts.
“Given the character of the wonder trade, the quantity of waste it generates and the dimensions of its viewers, manufacturers … carry an obligation to not solely guarantee they’re taking measures to be extra sustainable, but in addition to coach shoppers on their sustainability efforts,” mentioned EYECUE Insights Founder Carolina Bañales within the launch.
Listed below are 15 of the important thing stats from the report:
- Throughout all accounts, solely 5% of social media posts talked about sustainability. Manufacturers had been extra prone to speak about product advantages, kind and substances.
- Manufacturers total included mentions of sustainability in social media posts considerably extra typically within the month of Earth Day than within the previous and following month. In 2022 posts about sustainability doubled from March to April.
- 4 of the 5 most typical subjects of sustainability social media posts pertaining to packaging, together with refillable, recyclable, recycled and reusable.
- Between the primary quarter of 2020 and 2022, accounts elevated posts on recycled, refillable, recyclable and reusable. They decreased posts on recycling, sustainability, waste, zero-waste, pollutant and inexperienced magnificence.
- Of the 130 manufacturers analyzed, 21 had been recognized as “profitable sustainability adopters” based mostly on engagement and excessive share counts. Greater than half of these manufacturers are sustainability-led and three-fourths are independently owned.
- Among the many prime sustainability adopters, 6-30% of social media posts had been about sustainability points.
- For the highest 10 manufacturers, sustainability-related posts garnered as much as 60% extra engagement than different posts.
- Since 2021, sustainability-led manufacturers elevated the proportion of loyal audiences they share with manufacturers in different classes. The best improve was with area of interest manufacturers and the most important viewers shared was with science-led manufacturers.
- Between 2021 and 2022 loyal audiences more and more migrated from different model classes to sustainability-led manufacturers. All different classes misplaced a minimum of 15% of loyal audiences to sustainability-led manufacturers, with essentially the most vital loss at 20% for science-led manufacturers.
- The report outlines 4 social media methods for sustainability subjects: speak about sustainability extra steadily, inform and educate shoppers, use the fitting content material format, amplify endorsements from celebrities. Of the highest performing manufacturers, 71% used three or extra of these methods.
- Profitable sustainability integrators point out two or extra sustainability subjects 44% of the time, whereas the typical amongst all accounts is mentioning two or extra sustainability subjects 28% of the time.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use picture carousels 44% extra typically than the typical with 11% greater engagement.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use reels 23% extra typically than the typical with 17% greater engagement.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use 11% extra portraits in picture social media posts.
- Profitable sustainability integrators use 41% extra infographic-style textual content posts.
Extra data on the report may be discovered by contacting Kristina Neave, email@example.com, in line with the discharge.